Half a Month There on Foot

You will find me at the corner of Speed and Power

Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Half bastards, half saints

I'm taking a work break and found this that you'll all need to buy. That's right, there're no track listings yet, but, much like oxygen and shelter, you'll need this.

And doing a quick Google I found a review of a Paul Westerberg show from Filter magazine and I liked the reviewer's, Tom Birner, phrasing at the end:

"But Westerberg plays self-conscious, fibrous heart songs with a sneer, most of which came out strong if a little gruff. His songs are true and of a broken, courageous melody- his genius bare, his fear honest."

"His genius bare, his fear honest."

That's some good word choice if I ever read it. That's what I love about the 'mats myth: "I'm scared as hell, but if you trust in me just a little bit, we can make it out alive."

I Will Dare indeed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home