Half a Month There on Foot

You will find me at the corner of Speed and Power

Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Quick TV geek out

Apparently I am a woman. The two shows (next to Arrested Development) I'm the most "into" this TV season: Veronica Mars and Gilmore Girls. Both shows feature female protagonists (in the case of Gilmore Girls TWO femlae protagonists) and both shows are kicking my ass with how good they are this season.

Both shows are funny, smart, warm, surpriing, and well structured. The acting is above par, the technical aspects of the show are solid week in week out. And both shows have managed to synch up the technical, the storytelling, and the presentation to engaging, universal yet nuanced shows.

Seriously, I'll fight you all.

My Tivo is set to Veronica Mars later in the week and Lost tonight. I'll be watching Veronica Mars when it airs tonight though, not just for the Joss Whedon appearance http://www.calendarlive.com/tv/cl-et-mars9nov09,0,6318565.story?track=widget

How is it the best written shows on TV right now are about girls and their relationships? I want my damn western-spaceship show back.

3 Comments:

At 8:20 AM, Blogger starbender said...

Gotta have my LOST!!!
;)

 
At 8:28 AM, Blogger Anna May Won't said...

i started watching veronica mars last week and i agree: it's a great show. and i think the gilmore girls is the best show EVER (now that buffy's gone). but then again, i actually *am* a woman. ;)

thanks for mentioning the joss whedon appearance on vm tonight. i'll be sure to watch.

 
At 8:16 PM, Blogger youngblueyes said...

total chic. i guess JB has 2 best friends that are females! insert laughing emoticon here.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home