Half a Month There on Foot

You will find me at the corner of Speed and Power

Friday, November 11, 2005

Fscriptedbleepk Fox

http://www.cnn.com/2005/SHOWBIZ/TV/11/11/television.shows.reut/index.html

"'Arrested Development' gets the ax
'7th Heaven' also ending run

LOS ANGELES, California (Hollywood Reporter) -- Two TV families appear to be getting the boot.

The Bluth clan of Fox's ratings-challenged "Arrested Development" is also headed for the exit after Fox cut the third-season order on the Emmy-winning comedy to 13 episodes."

Well, I'm honestly surprised it lasted as long as it did. The show was odd in structure, bold in topic, all over in comedic style and payed off more if you payed attention. I'm surprised we got 'Arrested' for as long as we did. TV shouldn't be that good, and now it won't be. Cue up those 'King of Queens' reruns World: you got what you wanted. The tapioca can now be spooned directly into your brain.

1 Comments:

At 10:02 AM, Blogger Cryptobadger said...

While I lament the loss of Arrested, I praise whatever force is in power for the ending of Seventh Heaven. By Jupiter, just skipping by that show caused me physical pain.
And I know I'm going out on a limb here, but I actually have two recommendations. I've accidentally discovered that "My Name is Earl" is actually a well thought out experiment on morality.
I've also found that despite the subpar beginning episodes, the American version of "the Office" is firming up quite nicely. While the situations in that show tend to be a bit more outrageous than the British counterpart, the dialogue is equally as uncomfortable. Or more so. The few times I've caught it, I've had to physically cover my eyes. Very funny.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home