Half a Month There on Foot

You will find me at the corner of Speed and Power

Saturday, May 27, 2006

X-Men 3 OR I smell a Ratner

A few random thoughts on X-Men 3: The Last Stand:

The comic dork side of me:
- wait, what?
- I'm sorry, that guy did what now? Really?
- yeah, I don't think that's a good character arc...

The movie dork side of me:
- wait, what?
- I'm sorry, that guy did what now? Really?
- yeah, I don't think that's a good char... eh, you get the point.

The movie was... not the worse thing ever. But not any where near the caliber of the other two movies. Or a good movie.

Amy fell asleep, how's that? I was bored. I checked my watch a lot. I felt bad for the following actors having to say tepid dialouge to move along a lackluster story: Patrick Stewart, Halle Berry, Hugh Jackman, That Guy Who Plays Cyclops, Ian McKellen, Famke Janssen, Vinnie Jones (he seemed to like it all okay though), Kelsey Grammer, and everybody else.

It was just... bad. The action wasn't even good. I expected at least the action sequences to be good.

I'm too disjointed to be too coherent, but that's okay, I saw X-Men 3, so I'm in good company.

1 Comments:

At 7:16 PM, Blogger Cryptobadger said...

Maybe they just used Marvel-style scripting format for the movie:
Write the basic outline, then fill in the word balloons wherever they fit.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home