Half a Month There on Foot

You will find me at the corner of Speed and Power

Friday, April 07, 2006

We did this right, back in the year 19Dickity3

Ladies, gents: I'm old.

I'm volunteering for a SMAD (my old JMU major) senior level project this weekend, helping the kids with audio and cameras and holding a shot. After the way too long meeting, the crew I'm with was talking through the schedule. Lauren, the producer for our segment, is twenty-oneish, with wide-eyed "I'm in SMAD and it'd be cool to work at a post house" dreams.

After we wrapped up the planning, she asked "So, what year did you graduate?" "Well," I said, "all the way back to the year ninety-nine."

"Huh," she said. "Wow."

"Yeah, okay, so you can stop right there with that," I said.

"No, but I mean, you're like the... veteran of the group. That's good!" she said.

"Right. Good," I said.

I'm more tired now than last night. And tonight I'm totally making police log for streaking campus. I'll be the guy with the cane.

1 Comments:

At 8:43 AM, Blogger feminist chick said...

"And back in our day, the best was SMAD410: Advanced MacPaint..."

 

Post a Comment

<< Home