Half a Month There on Foot

You will find me at the corner of Speed and Power

Monday, March 06, 2006

That's what I'm talking about

File under: "more boring TV nonsense."

I was very ho hum about tonight's 24. I haven't slept in awhile, I need to do some other stuff, but I started watching about twenty minutes in, and thanks to Tivo, got two commercial-free hours.

At the end of the first hour, I was very "Hey, that's what I'm taking about. Take that Robocop!" But the last bit of the second hour, the last ten minutes: it ain't even sweeps. That's some damn entertaining scripted single camera TV. Beats the crap out of the other action/drama shows and takes their lunch money to spend on waffles and strippers.

1 Comments:

At 10:05 PM, Blogger Cryptobadger said...

Yowza.

This is why 24 is one of the two shows I actually watch these days.

No pansy bleeding-heart politics, no sentimentality, just gritty, white-knuckle violence, with just enough realism to keep things interesting.

Buckaroo Banzai has made poor life decisions.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home