Half a Month There on Foot

You will find me at the corner of Speed and Power

Tuesday, February 28, 2006

I'm The Believer

New Rhett Miller album out today. So far I'm liking it okay. I guess liking it "okay" is better than most new music taking awhile to grow on me.

There's a new "version" of 'Singular Girl' that's pretty okay, and there's a new version of 'Question' that's... questionable. I like the original so much because it's so stripped down. This version's all "I got guitars and strings and a lute and an Irish jug band."

Still, I'm pleased with the purchase. I bought the honest-to-goodness CD version, and importing it into iTunes I'm told the genre is "country," a sentiment I don't share. It's very poppy, and that's okay. The covers of the Old 97's songs sound country, if anything, but the rest of the album is very "pop."

The whole thing is online and Rhett will be on the Jay Leno show (can we really call it The Tonight Show?) on Thursday, I think, so Tivo that and see if you'd like an album full of sex and lovin'.

1 Comments:

At 8:18 PM, Blogger Kona said...

I was going to get that today and have been debating whether or not to get the CD or just download it onto Itunes. Itunes pissed me off with Alive and Wired, so I don't know. Either way, I'm excited for it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home