Half a Month There on Foot

You will find me at the corner of Speed and Power

Friday, February 17, 2006

MATADOR

Just saw what would have been my favorite movie of 2005 had I seen it in 2005: The Matador. It ain't perfect, and Capote is much better, but I haven't loved a movie this much since Shaun of the Dead.

Essentially: business man (Greg Kinnear) with crappy luck and hitman (Pierce Brosnan) about to have an existential crisis find each other in Mexico City and hilarity ensues. Bronsan's Julian is emotionally cut off from humanity and is coming to grips with being incredibly alone. Kinnear's Danny has a great wife but his financial life is unstable... that's all I'm giving you.

Pierce Brosnan is stellar. The direction is spot-on. The soundtrack is wonderful. And it's not predicatble. And it cost $10 million. If it's still playing near you, you could do much worse for a couple of hours of entertainment.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home