Half a Month There on Foot

You will find me at the corner of Speed and Power

Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Holiday Punch Out - This contest is over

By a vote of 10 to 7, Rudolph wins by a bright-shiny-take-that-Plumbing-Boy nose. Yes, in the worst-kept-secret this side of "George Bush doesn't care about black people" I'm the Rudolph fan.

The Vacationers had a great showing, much stronger than I imagined. No one I work with or employ was with me, nor their significant others. Thankfully, much like actually elections, none of them took time to vote. There was even indecision in my own home!

I have never been a fan of Christmas Vacation. I love the first Vacation movie, and after that they're dead to me. Jen and I have argued for going on three years about the better of the two, and I'm sure we'll argue again next year.

Two (I think) years ago, post Christmas, Jen presented me with a peace offering of a Rudolph play set, which I proudly display, much like a memento from Yalta I'd imagine, in my home office. Isn't that the true meaning of Christmas? I win?

It was a good run, Jen. Better luck next year. Now get singing.

4 Comments:

At 6:26 AM, Blogger Digital Joey said...

You should look up Chevy Chase, I hear he's open for work.

Something about "Christmas Vacation" and "career ender" and "seriously, no, Randy Quaid IS funny. Watch him throw his own poop. Hilarious!"

 
At 2:25 PM, Blogger MickFlicks said...

You sure you're not a republican? You just used offense as a defense.

You're doing a heck of a job, Joey.

 
At 3:08 PM, Blogger feminist chick said...

Don't bring up the Republican thing. It gets him all hot.

 
At 4:37 PM, Blogger Digital Joey said...

Man, I wish I could get my hubby to defend ME...

Hey, I happen to like the movie. At the end of the day, both Rudolph and Christmas Vacation are sitting side-by-side at Target for $14.99. In the end, at least somebody's buying something other than the remake of the Grinch.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home