Half a Month There on Foot

You will find me at the corner of Speed and Power

Wednesday, September 07, 2005

... but don't call me "Late for Dinner."

Phone conversation goes like this:

Me: Hello this is Joey.

Very Nice Motherly Voice: Hello, may I speak to a manager or owner?

Me: I'm one of the owners. What can I do for you?

VNMV: I'm calling on behalf of Spotswood High School and the high school event committee. We have some sponsorhips avaialble for our Homecoming Program and then events next year. A lot of people like the half page insert, and some like the full-page that they can use for a poster.

Me: Well, I'm happy to look over any materials you can send me, but I can't commit to anything at the moment.

VNMV: Okay, may I fax the information to you?

Me: Sure.

VNMV: And it was "Jerry?"

Me: No, it's "Joey."

VNMV: ...uh, Jerry?

Me: No: "Joey. J-O-E-Y."

VNMV: Ah! "J-U-O-I."

Me: ... yes. "Jewoy."

VNMV: Thanks so much!

2 Comments:

At 9:02 PM, Blogger Cryptobadger said...

That's quite an anecdote, Geordi.

Juliet October Echo Yankee.

 
At 1:44 PM, Blogger Jimmy said...

Big Ad? Small Ad!

www.smallad.be

 

Post a Comment

<< Home