Half a Month There on Foot

You will find me at the corner of Speed and Power

Monday, September 04, 2006

Split-second chances

I sent out two e-mails today with pictures of the house Amy bought, and included some shots of our office and one of me looking like I'd aged and had a pretty significant weight gain. I wrote some nonsense about showing off the house and not gaining a pound since I was fifteen in the first e-mail, then brief descriptors of the photos in e-mail number two.

I told my mom I'd sent some photos to her, more of an exercise of her having to actually check her e-mail herself. Her computer is fairly slow and is apparently having RAM issues so she called to see if I could walk her through getting the photos to show up.

Doing 99% of my work on Macs, I'd forgotten the joys of Outlook Express and had mom read the options to me. In doing so she read my e-mails aloud.

What is it about having people who have known you all your life read things you said to you? For a split second I was happy to hear her say my words and in a blink I was embarrassed that I hadn't written a better e-mail.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home