Half a Month There on Foot

You will find me at the corner of Speed and Power

Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Cracking Cinecast, Gromit

Here's what I think of 'Wallace and Gromit' but in e-mail form to the great Cinecast show(http://www.cinecastshow.com/):

Gentlemen,

Let's bullet point the standards:

- huge fan of the show

- I can't believe you guys are so down on (select one of the following): A) 'Sin City B) Terry Gilliam C) your love of 'Annie'

- obligatory wrong name assigned to Adam for something Sam said "Adam, I can't believe you hated 'Sin City' so much!"

... and scene.

Seriously, I'm writing to encourage you to check out 'Wallace and Gromit: the Curse of the Were Rabbit.' I've been a fan of the shorts since the 90's, but you don't need any knowledge of the characters or their past adventures to enjoy this movie.

My buddy from elementary school was in the state this past weekend and we took his two year-old daughter Kate to her very first movie in the theater, and she laughed and squealed in delight. It's cliche as all hell to say, but watching her watch it with new eyes was a treat and perfectly matched the tone of this movie.

The constant line I keep repeating to folks is "how can you get a better performance out of a clay dog than most actors?" We watched 'Hostage' the Bruce Willis stinker, the day after seeing 'Wallace and Gromit' and never has the deficit of quality from movie to movie been more apparent.

I'd love to hear what you guys think, especially since you don't have the background that I had with the characters. I swear, there are multiple scenes where the ENTIRE audience was whisked out of the theater and into the moment. That's a rarity to my cynical, sleepy twenty-nine year-old eyes.

I'm trying not to say "great" or "delightful" but it's kinda evident I dug the movie. I'll tune in regardless, guys, but you could do much worse than getting lost in the world of a man and his dog for ninety minutes.

Best,

Joey

1 Comments:

At 10:36 PM, Blogger Cryptobadger said...

Well, the movie was super-fun until Kate bonked her face on the chair in front of her, right at the climax of the film. Then it was kinda-fun, kinda-disorienting as I chased her around trying to convince her she wasn't really hurt.
Thanks for taking us, we had a blast.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home